Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Week 1 Day 2: Activity 1 - Giants Amoung Us

Tane mahuta 

During my research, I found that the name "Tane" came from a maori mythology. Tane is the son of Ranginui, known as the father of the sky and Papatuanuku mother of the earth. The tree is also known as the 'Lord of the forest'.

 Yes, I would like to go to the kauri tree and I would like for other people to come too. Not only so I can experience it, but others can. I would want to go so I would know what its like in the presence of an old kauri tree, and I would want to learn more about it.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Karla, it's me Melita.You have done a great job.I liked your information on the Tane Mahuta. Lots of interesting facts.Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla,

    It's Leslie here, writing to you from Canada as a member of the Summer Learning Journey team. Isn't it amazing that I can be on the others side of the world, reading your blog and sharing in this journey with you?!

    I'm so glad that you've decided to participate in the Summer Learning Journey program. Good for you!

    I see that you've done some research on this most marvellous, ancient tree. It's name is very appropriate, isn't it? I can only imagine what standing beside it would feel like as it's so huge and majestic. We know that trees emit chemicals that actually make us, humans, feel peaceful and 'better'. They're very important to the planet and particularly important for our health overall.

    So I'm glad that trees are highly regarded and protected in New Zealand and I'm glad that you'd be interested in going to see it. It has a magnificent presence, I'm sure.

    I hope that you're having a lot of fun on your summer holidays! And I hope that you'll continue to do the activities in the Summer Learning Journey. I'm looking forward to reading your blog over the next few days!


    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.