Pages

Thursday 21 December 2017

Summer learning Jornney - Day 1

Week one - In the Beginning (1800-1870)

List 3 facts that you have learnt in this story about Maui?


1. At the begining of the story, Maui has been also dreaming about going fishing with his brothers.

2. In the Story Maui would get angry everytime he askes his brothers if he can go fishing with them. 

3. Now Maui is known to be the north island of new zealand while the south island is Maui's canoe

Any other storys I know about Maui?

1. Maui and the sun

Activity 2

Write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand.

Dear friend,

I am writing a letter to tell you to explain my experience setting sail in a waka to reach to new zealand. I feel really sad that I have to move countrys only because I am missing my original home due to all the memories I have made there.
Hopefully I see you soon

From your friend, Karla

 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karla.

    Great to see you have got started on the first task in the Summer Learning Journey. I like how you wrote a sentence for each fact and expanded on each idea, this shows me you are really thinking about what you are reading. Did you already have some prior knowledge regarding Maui before you read the story here?

    The task also asks if you know any other stories of Maui. Are you please able to mention this on your blog post too in order to get full marks.

    Keep up the hard work and I really look forward to engaging with you over the Summer time.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Karla.

    Thanks for making the corrections. I really like the letter you wrote. Great job you did with that.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annyeonghaseyo Karla,
    my name is Cia. I am a Summer Learning Journey blogger who will be working with Ako Hiko bloggers over the summer break.

    You have posted some good facts about Māui, I can see you were paying close attention to the story, good noticing. About Māui and the Sun, did you like that story? Why/why not? Perhaps next time you could post a picture of Māui himself, as I’m sure the readers would love to see the hero of the story.

    Your letter to your friend was short but friendly. I like that you have expressed why you are sad that you are moving countries, I appreciate those details. Does your friend perhaps have a name? A suggestion for next time, maybe you could use Canva to write your letter, I think it would be an awesome addition to your post!

    I think there’d be dried teardrops on my letter if I ever sent one to a family member or friend. I get upset when I have to say goodbye to people I really cherish. I remember getting real upset when I wrote a goodbye letter to a family member who moved to a new country. Have you ever had a similar experience?

    Toe feiloa’i fo’i ('See you again' in Samoan),

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.