Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey - Day 3

Week one - Day 3 

Imagine you are a kid from the 1800's and you have 9 siblings. Tell us how you would feel about that?

I would want to have a big family. As a yr 8 student at christ the king cathloic school, who has younger sister whos 7, I think not only will it effect my family it would affect myself especially living in a crowed house. I think living in a crowed house, means I would be more confident and social to one another. Because in the 1800's everything is completely different, I honesly dont know how else things would be especially at that time.

Actitvty 2


Ko __Owairaka domain__ te maunga    The mountain that I affiliate* to is Mt Albert.

Ko ____Walmsley papa__ te awa          The river that I affiliate to is Walmsley Park.
Ko ___Takitimu___ te waka The waka that I affiliate to is tralier.
Ko __I dont know__ tōku tīpuna My founding ancestor is
Ko ____Tamaki makaurau____ tōku iwi          My tribe is Auckland.
Ko ____Puketapapa____ tōku hapu My sub-tribe is Mt roskill.
Ko ____I dont have one_____ tōku marae My marae is
Ko ______Aotearoa__________ ahau I am from New Zealand
Ko_Lisa_ rāua ko _rawiri_ōku mātua  My parents are lisa and david Ko__Karla__ tōku ingoa. My name is Karla



2 comments:

  1. Hi Karla.

    I hope you had a great christmas with your whanau and you are enjoying the festive season? its so hot that lots of people are swimming at the pools and beach.

    Day 3 Activity 1. - You have made a really good reflective comment on your blog about a large family. being around lots of siblings will be positive as you always would have someone to play with and you would never get bored or lonely. I like how you said you would develop more confidence. You are the oldest in your family with a younger sister, Do you have any other siblings? Things in the 1800s like you say would be so different for children then. They definitely would not be blogging like we are. :)


    Day 3 Activity 2 -
    I Would love to see your pepeha filled in completely for the points for this task. Are you able to follow the link to help you fill in the blank parts.
    You can find local places around Aotearoa to call home.
    For example. Ko ............ te awa. (river) local river/stream by your house you can find on google maps.

    I'll come back and check on your blog to see if you have managed to fill in the full pepha.

    Blog you Soon.

    Clare

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karla,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Ka pai for completing two more activities! I completely understand, it would be a very crowded house with so many siblings. I had a thought, imagine having to cook for that many people at once?! You would need a giant pot to make dinner in each night if you have to feed more than 10 people in the family. I’m quite happy with just my two big brothers :)

    Also, thank you for sharing your beautiful pepeha. It’s awesome you have included the English version too! You seem very confident with your Te Reo Maori. Ka pai!
    Keep up the great work, and I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.